Tours Manager Jobs vacancy in Kenya 2019
Our Client, a leading Tours & Travel Company seeks to recruit a Tours Manager.
He/ She will coordinate the tours department and ensure that the department is running smoothly.
- Ability to handle inbound and outbound travel for clients
- Coach and guide staff, to ensure optimum performance and world class service at all times
- Making sure all travel arrangements run according to plan and that accommodation, meals and service are satisfactory;
- Guide Tour Consultants on development of domestic and international packages
- Bring in new business to the company by preparing packages for prospective clients, visiting/sourcing clients and groups
- Designing flexible tour packages to meet the needs of different clients;
- Welcoming groups of holidaymakers at their starting point and announcing details of travel arrangements and stop-over points
- Ensure bookings are made through preferred suppliers wherever possible. The Tours Manager must be familiar with all preferred suppliers, and the applicable commission rates
- Assisting with passport and immigration issues
- Communicating a range of information on itineraries, destinations and culture;
- Informing passengers of arrival and departure times at each destination on the itinerary and ensuring that all members of the group are back on the coach before departing from each stop
- Ensuring that the tour is running smoothly for individual members of the group
- Developing mechanisms to achieve the client’s/group needs/objectives.
- Advising about facilities, such as sights, restaurants and shops, at each destination;
- Arranging for clients transportation from the airport to the hotel or from one hotel to another both locally and internationally.
- Tracking budgets and expenses while Providing activity/statistical summary reports
- Liaising with hotels, coach companies, restaurants and other clients;
- Car hire for group safaris/individuals
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in a related Tourism or Business related field
- Minimum of 7 years experience in a busy travel agency
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Team player and ability to work with diverse teams
- Strong communication and Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and relational skills
- Effective Planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills with good presentation skills
- Skills in creating Tour packages
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Tours Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current & Expected salaries.