Tech and Services Industry
Position: Training Manager
Reporting to: Human Resource Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About The Role: The training manager will develop, facilitate and supervise training programs for the company.
He/she will be expected to assess the needs of the business, implement Learning and Development plans, and facilitate a variety of training programs that enhance the effectiveness of the workforce.
The training manager shall also be in charge of running the training academy for the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and assess current and future training needs through job analysis, career development plans, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers
- Create a curriculum to facilitate strategic training based on the organization’s goals
- Manage training budget
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses training needs and expected results
- Design and implement variety of training methods appropriate to meet different training needs
- Organize training logistics including: venue, equipment, meals and transport as needed
- Conduct effective induction and orientation sessions for the trainees
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and provide related reports to the management
- Recruit and onboard trainers for the different training programs
- Maintain trainers’ schedules and ensure they are executed effectively
- Evaluate training materials and tools to ascertain their effectiveness
- Oversee trainees’ attendance and performance
- Resolve any specific problems that may be encountered during training and adjust training programs as necessary
- Evaluate effectiveness of a training program using appropriate tools and methods
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Work with the marketing team for production of program marketing materials
- Communicate all the training programs on a timely basis
- Perform other duties as may be required by the management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in either Education, Human Resource Management or related field
- Proven work experience as a training manager for at least three (3) years
- Track record in designing and executing successful training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc)
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to plan, manage time effectively
- Strong writing and record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
How to Apply
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move in one of the fastest growing sectors, apply by submitting your CV in confidence via firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary in your application or CV.
A competitive remuneration package plus pension and medical cover benefits will be offered to the successful candidate.
Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 14th April 2020.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to time constraints and expected large volumes of applications, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.