UN WFP Somalia HR Assistant (Recruitment) Job in Nairobi, Kenya 2019
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 018/2019
Post Title: Human Resources Assistant (Recruitment)
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: G-5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 27th February 2019
Closing Date: 12th March 2019
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
These positions are open to qualified Kenyan candidates.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Recruitment Team leader and overall supervision of the National HR Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance on a wide range of complex HR queries and follow up actions to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Receive and review recruitment requests and verify that supporting documentation to initiate recruitment process are in order.
- Draft and advertise Vacancy Announcements through the agreed channels maintaining accurate documentation;
- Review and compile a variety of data (i.e. staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, workforce, etc.) to support analysis and reporting needs including recruitment key performance indicators;
- Receive, analyze and screen candidates’ job applications using set benchmarks. Prepare shortlists and submit them to the hiring units. Proactively follow up on response from the hiring units;
- Ensure that WFP issued human resource and personnel policy manuals, rules, regulations, guidelines, and circulars, are complied with and inform the supervisor of any breach or irregularities in the selection process;
- Prepare a range of complex HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. note for the records, Local Recruitment Committee/Local Appointment and Promotion minutes, reference checks, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Use HR management systems for reviewing, entering and updating a variety of HR data including monitoring various deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data;
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards;
- Support the recruitment cell with the rapid recruitment and deployment of staff, and handle related administrative actions including preparation of reports;
- Analyze and respond to various internal and external queries to ensure that clients are well informed and that HR team activities are aligned with broader WFP objectives;
- Support the unit with various HR activities and documentation required for the specific area of work (i.e. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, on boarding of new staff, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Any other duties as may be required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Human Resource Management, International Relations, Psychology or related field is desirable.
- At least four years’ experience in the field of human resources in general, including direct experience in selection and recruitment and the use of e-recruitment tools.
- Previous work experience in the UN system and/or non-profit sector is desirable.
- Prior work experience in emergency/conflict settings is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of HR business processes, procedures and tools.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionality with different partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including excel skills.
- Knowledge about online recruitment systems and tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through our E-Recruitment portal.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.