Reporting to the Administration Manager, the Driver job exists to drive University vehicles, primarily to deliver or pick up University staff/students or goods within or without the university premises.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide transportation services as needed to move persons and goods within and without the University.
- Ensure that motor vehicles are well maintained and that they have all the required documentation and papers, and accessories.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against delivery notes while being loaded and offloaded from the vehicles within and without the University.
- Drive vehicles to transport materials and other correspondences to and from specified destinations, as designated by the immediate supervisor.
- Drive university bus/van and other official cars to pick or deliver University staff to or from different destinations as required.
- Maintain records of compliance with traffic regulations, such as vehicle logs, vehicle inspection, or records of cargo, in accordance with regulations of the University.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Provide custody to University vehicles and their load while outside of the University.
- Report any motor vehicles mechanical problems and other faults to the immediate supervisor and forward them for repairs and maintenance by the authorized agents/supplier of the University.
- Perform minor repairs on University vehicles, such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, or spark plugs.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to the supervisor for the appropriate action within and without the University.
- Ensure safety of passengers/goods in the vehicle and other university goods/property in possession
- Collect and deliver material to required destinations and as per approved procedures
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Must have a valid smart Public Service Vehicle Drivers’ License
- Minimum Form Four Leaver with D+ in KCSE.
- Certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
- Certification of driving by a professional body (AA of Kenya etc.)
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Knowledge of safety procedures and processes
- Training in defensive driving
- First Aid Skills from a recognized body
- Communication, Observation skills, Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work odd hours and days
- Available to travel anywhere at any time
Method of Application
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements above should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday 20th January 2021. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE -CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 –00100,