UW-Kenya VIROME Outreach Workers Jobs in Mathare North Health Centre 2019
Job Vacancies: Outreach Retention Workers – VIROME Project
Objective of this Position: To provide support for home visits for an observational cohort study of mothers and infants in Nairobi, Kenya.
Work Schedule: Full time (40 hours per week), Monday through Friday.
Location: Mathare North Health Centre in Nairobi, Kenya.
Contract Duration: One year with opportunity for extension.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Travel with a research nurse to study participants’ homes to perform research procedures.
- Coordinate with clinical manager to obtain research supplies and manage supplies while in transit between participants’ homes.
- Record data in an electronic database using tablets; communicate with nurse partner and data manager to transfer records and maintain devices.
- Assist nurses with preparation and storage of specimens for transfer; transfer samples to couriers.
- Attend meetings with the clinic manager and/or study coordinator to discuss research activities.
- Ensure the privacy and confidentiality of study participants and their data.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Certificate in HTS (HIV Testing and Counselling).
- Clear Understanding of Kenya National Guidelines on HIV Testing and Counselling services.
- At least 1 Years’ experience offering HIV testing and counseling services.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and accomplish tasks related to conducting home visits.
- Ability to work in different / diverse Community settings (with cultural awareness and sensitivity).
- Ability to ensure study participant confidentiality.
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a collaborative team.
- Attention to detail with good work ethic, respectful, hardworking, consciousness.
- Responsive to communication with supervisors and team members.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should send to email@example.com; their CV, Academic certificates and a cover letter detailing why they are the best candidates for the positions, expected salary and include daytime telephone contacts and email.
Closing date for applications is 16th March, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.