Our client is a restaurant in Nairobi specializing in Yemeni cuisine.
They seek to recruit for the role of Waiters, who will be responsible for ensuring that customers have a satisfying service experience
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Level: Entry level
Salary: Kshs 20,000 per month
Job Summary: The Waiter will be responsible for ensuring that all customers are served to the highest standards of hospitality in the Restaurant at all times within all food and beverage areas.
- Greets customers and presents them with the menu.
- Informs customers about the special items for the day and menu changes, if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the customer and also try to up sell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the customer on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (POS) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed.
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food.
- Communicate to the customer and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the kitchen staff to ensure smooth operation and customer satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes customers and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Diploma in F& B from recognized Institution
- 3 years’ relevant work experience from a busy Restaurant
- 11 ft tall
- Ability work under pressure
- Good customer care and communication skills
- Friendly disposition to guest, strong enthusiasm for the job, highly motivated with great ability to work harmoniously in a team
- Food handlers certificate
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com clearly quoting “WAITER” in the email subject line.
Applications close on 5th March 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.