WASH Specialist Jobs, NGO Jobs In Kenya, National Refugee Council Jobs,
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
- Develop WASH strategy, technical SOPs, and Macro LFAs in line with NRC Programme Policy and national and international standards, and in coordination with other Core Competence.
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to fundraising, develop and revise funding proposal, budgets and donor reports.
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities.
- Follow up on compliance with contractual commitments within WASH CC, ensure high technical quality and synergies in project implementation.
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support.
- Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes.
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from WASH CC implementation, and incorporate them in WASH CC and staff development processes.
- Provide systematic training and build capacity of technical staff.
- Represent NRC in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/refugees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Guide the teams in developing systematic tools for day-to-day implementation, ensuring compliance with established guidelines and standards. This means developing/sharing guidelines, process related documents, tools, clarifying minimum standards (NRC internal tool) and modalities..
- Lead on developing WASH monitoring tools to be used by the team to ensure that relevant information is being collected to inform strategy and implementation, and to ensure accountability and learning..
- Ensure that the strategy is informed by sound analysis, with consultations with teams and concerned stakeholders and that programmes strategies are devised in promotion of NRC’s values, culture and beliefs.
- Lead on research/studies, specifically about innovation.
- Ensure learning from WASH programme is captured, consolidated and disseminated, contributing to knowledge building and sharing within Yemen and globally to influence policies and programme planning.
- Ensure sharing of best practices and capacity building among the team in Kibondo (Tanzania) and Kakuma (Kenya).
- Play a proactive role in integrating WASH Core Competence strategy with other Core Competence strategies (namely Food Security, Shelter, Education and ICLA) to ensure maximum impact.
- Explore and develop strategic partnerships contributing to quality and scaling up of programmes. Ensure coordination with relevant WASH stakeholders including representation and effective networking.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as a senior Program Manager and/or Advisor of humanitarian WASH programme, preferably in refugees / IDPs environments
- Proven expertise in WASH with particular focus of complex programme
- Experience of setting up and implementing monitoring, documentation and learning systems.
- University degree or higher education relevant to WASH.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills
- Proven skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
- Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Prior experience and proven capability in training and capacity development Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Strategic Thinking
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Initiating Action and Change
- Handling insecure environments
Duty station: Kakuma
Contract period is for one year with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Kakuma.
*Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
How To Apply