Job Vacancy: Wealth Advisor
Established in 2011, Moran Capital Management Ltd provides Investment strategy and integrated family office advisory services to select client families. We seek a Wealth Advisor.
Reporting to the Managing Director and located in Nairobi, the Wealth Advisor will be responsible for finding, attracting, and maintaining ongoing relationships with high-net-worth clients and leading in the development of new client relationships.
As the principal contact with the client, the Wealth Advisor must have a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated Wealth Management practices and investment strategies.
The ideal candidate will have extensive impact/mission related investing expertise.
He/she is a team player and methodical business builder with experience and expertise as a trusted wealth advisor serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Business Development – responsible for finding, attracting and maintaining high-net-worth individuals and families
- Client service management – work in conjunction with a group of client support personnel, to deliver investment management, financial planning, and other pertinent financial services.
- Make presentations to clients on financial and lifestyle planning options and opportunities
- Direct consultation with attorneys, accountants and other advisors on financial, lifestyle and estate planning
- Develop and/or deliver private wealth education sessions to clients and staff.
- Understand and coordinate income lifestyle planning and work closely with client advisors.
- Evaluate and discuss options to meet client philanthropic goals. Provide recommendations to individuals and family foundations enabling them to fulfill their goals related to mission/impact investing
- Seek to establish a level of trust and confidence with the client so that any financial issue can be addressed, and solutions offered. Investment Management
- Monitor performance versus benchmarks and develops insights for clients regarding key contributors and detractors
- Manage investment transition for new clients
- Evaluate large holdings for performance relative to the overall portfolio and plan strategies for diversification
- Ability to discuss investment performance, economic and market trends
- Ability to establish client investment objectives including risk tolerance, asset allocation, and cash requirements
- Ability to discuss estate planning and work with internal and external resources to meet estate planning goals of the client.
- Very strong business development skills with the ability to attract investment deposits of over Ksh 50 million per month
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a related field (Investments, Finance, Law,
- Accounting/Tax, Economics, Business Administration) and/or 10 years of related experience
- At least one CFP, CPA, CFA or CIMA certification
- Extensive leadership, communication, and coaching skills
- Exceptional understanding of the full range of investment expertise in wealth management and related products, services and processes
- Must be able to operate in an autonomous and entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate colleagues
- Capacity to work with demanding clients and diverse groups of people
- Client-centered focus
- Excellent strategic thinking ability
- Excellent consultative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident and results driven
- Mandatory personal integrity and credibility
- Skilled at analyzing and solving problems
- A strong team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit, enthusiastic and positive energy
- Must demonstrate integrity and dignity
- Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning, encourages others to do so and continues to grow technically and interpersonally
How to Apply
If interested, please send your CV to Fanisi HR Solutions at firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 27th November 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.