Weights & Measures Officer Jobs, Laikipia County Jobs,
(JOB GROUP CPSB 10)
NUMBER: TWO (2)
TERMS OF SERVICE: CONTRACT-THREE (3) YEARS
SALARY: KSH.30,170×1,260-31,430×1,330-32,760×1,380-34,140×1,460-35,600×1,470-37,070-x1,470-38,540×1,520-40,060 p.m.
An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of an experienced officer.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will entail testing, and stamping mechanical and electronic weighing and measuring equipment;
- collecting data on verified equipment at traders premises, stamping stations and verification office: sampling pre-packaged goods for quantitative analysis;
- preparing testing equipment for inspection and investigation purposes; and
- preparing weighing measuring equipment during trade fairs and exhibitions; giving evidence in court on cases arising from infringement of Weights and Measures Act (Cap 513) and Trade Descriptions Act (Cap 505).
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: Physics, Mathematics, Legal Metrology, Information Communication Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
How To Apply
Applications complete with a detailed resume, a copy of the National Identity card, copies of academic and professional certificates and other testimonials should be sent to:
LAIKIPIA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P O BOX 52-20300
Applications may also be hand delivered and dropped in the Job Applications Box at the County Public Service Board Offices, Nyahururu Town Hall.
To be considered, your application must be received on or before Friday, 24th January, 2020.