WFP Somalia Human Resources Assistant Job in Nairobi 2019
UN World Food Programme – Somalia
Vacancy Announcement No. 019/2019
Post Title: Human Resources Assistant
Contract type: Fixed Term
Post Grade: G-5
Duty Station: Nairobi
Duration: 1 year (initial)
Date of issue: 28th February 2019
Closing Date: 13th March 2019
Organizational Background: The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
These positions are open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of National HR Officer and overall supervision of the head of HR, the HR Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients;
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services;
- Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs;
- Support various HR activities in areas of responsibility r including on-boarding of new staff members in line with relevant processes and procedures;
- Support the recruitment team in receiving and reviewing recruitment requests and verify that supporting documentation to initiate recruitment process are in order.
- Draft and advertise Vacancy Announcements through the agreed channels maintaining accurate documentation. Receive, analyze and screen candidates’ job applications using set benchmarks;
- Support the office in its talent management strategy and processes including the anticipation of required human resources and support the CO in meeting those needs through strategic human resource planning;
- Support the contracting team with the proactive management of employee contracts, benefits and entitlements. Ensure transparency and consistently high quality of deliverables;
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards;
- Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines;
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data;
- Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to needs;
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in Human Resource Management, International Relations, Psychology or related field is desirable.
- At least four years’ relevant experience in recruitment, contracting, time management or human resources operations in general.
- Previous work experience in the UN system and/or non-profit sector is desirable.
- Prior work experience in emergency/conflict settings is an advantage.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of HR business processes, procedures and tools.
- Effective interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and cross-functionally with different partners.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including excel skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to CLICK HERE to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.