Vacancy Announcement: Executive Office Coordinator
Location: Voi, Kenya
Company Background: Wildlife Works is a world-leading REDD+ program development and management company, with an effective approach to applying innovative market-based solutions to the conservation of biodiversity.
Over its 20-year history, Wildlife Works has established a successful model that uses an emerging marketplace for REDD+ Carbon Offsets to protect threatened forests, wildlife and communities.
Wildlife protection, community governance and forest protection thus form the three pillars of Wildlife Works’ holistic approach to conservation, while the development and sales of nature-based carbon credits provides forest communities economic pathways to transition from extraction-based to conservation-based livelihoods.
The company helps local landowners in the developing world monetize their forest and biodiversity assets whether they are governments, communities, ownership groups, or private individuals.
We seek to recruit competent individuals to fill the following position, located in Voi, Kenya.
Executive Office Coordinator
He/she will report to the Conservation Manager, besides working closely with other departments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Familiarization of our Carbon REDD+ project, and relaying the same information to visitors, accurately and concisely.
- Coordination of meetings and communication with project stakeholders.
- Assisting visitors by welcoming them, answering questions and/or directing them.
- Drafting letters and other communication to external parties.
- Collecting and mailing correspondence and maintaining office schedules by picking-up and delivering items.
- Managing office accommodation for visitors.
- Maintaining and implementing general office filing systems.
- Maintaining office supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Management and authorization of local purchasing orders for the office.
- Maintaining office equipment by calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing.
- Ensuring the office is kept in a clean and organised fashion.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Environment Conservation related course.
- Computer Literacy.
- Good written and communication skills.
- High integrity.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills.
- At least 5 years of work experience
- Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Communications experience
- General previous experience in office management an advantage
How to Apply
Applicants should send a Cover Letter and CV expressing their interest in the position, what they can bring to the job and the names and contacts, (including telephone and email) of two referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to the Human Resource Manager, Wildlife Works, on or before 13th December 2021.
Application will be reviewed on a rolling basis due to the urgent nature of filling the position.
Applications by email should be sent to : firstname.lastname@example.org copied to email@example.com
Applicants will also require copies of key academic and professional certificates.
We thank all applicants for their interest in working for Wildlife Works. Due to the likely volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Wildlife Works does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
Wildlife Works is an equal opportunity employer, values diversity and inclusion and thereby welcomes diverse candidates to apply.