Workshop Manager Jobs, Other Professions, Subaru Kenya Jobs
Subaru Kenya is the sole franchise holder and exclusive distributor of the Subaru range of motor vehicles and genuine Subaru parts in East Africa. It is also a division of ECTA (Kenya) Limited. The Subaru range includes the latest models of Impreza, WRX-STI, Subaru XV, Legacy, Forester, & Outback.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated and self-driven professional to fill in the following position in our Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Service Manager, the job holder shall be responsible for shall be responsible for maximizing efficiency, revenue and productivity of the workshop department while achieving highest levels of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Prepare annual budgets for capital expenditure, sales, gross profits, operating costs and trading profits for service and body-shop
- Prospecting for new business from retail, corporate segments, insurance entities etc.
- Guidance of service and body-shop on actual performance against budgets
- Review the work-in-progress with the team leaders to ensure that appropriate action is taken to enable rapid completion of outstanding work.
- Management of service department debtors
- Maintain the highest Customer Service Index (CSI) rating from customers
- Resolve critical issues on sales and service
- Handle customer complaints on quality of work or workshop performance and seek solutions
- Protect and develop the existing customer base through continuous relationship building and customer satisfaction initiatives
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts accurately, monitor trends and report on deviations
- Maintain sales record and prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports on the sales trends
- Undertake market analysis through competitor analysis
- Prepare monthly workshop reports
People and Processes
- Responsible for planning and ensuring availability of sufficient manpower, tools and enabling capacity to handle all key areas within the workshop flow process for optimal productivity
- Day to day management of the service workshop and body shop through their line supervisors
- Through training on quality standards, encourage all workshop personnel to adopt the principal of “Right first time”
- Develop individual training programs to maintain high levels of technical expertise, within each of the workshop
- Review and discuss with each workshop supervisor, the workshop productivity report
- Oversee all departmental processes and functions and ensure adherence to company standards
- Ensure compliancy to EHS legislation requirement.
- Identify succession needs within the structure ans solution by training and mentoring
- Manage the departmental staff incentive program in-line with company targets and objectives
- Undertake staff performance appraisal, suggest rewarding and corrective action when applicable
- Degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 6 years’ work experience with previous experience as a workshop manager/supervisor
- In-depth knowledge of motor industry coupled with extensive technical background and management training
- Proven knowledge of sales processes, including the ability to accurately meet customer needs
- Demonstrated record of revenue and profit growth and new business development experience
- Strong commercial attitude with the ability to think strategically
- Proven capability to provide useful insights and pragmatic solutions to business challenges
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 20th January 2020, clearly indicating the subject heading “Workshop Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.