Workshop Mechanics Job, Latest Engineering Jobs In Kenya,
WORKSHOP MECHANICS: 10 POSITIONS, MOMBASA
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the job holder will be responsible for inspecting, assembling mechanical components and performing repairs on heavy commcerial vehicles/trucks .
- Conduct regular maintenance on company trucks.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Assemble all mechanical components according to specifications.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to vehicle users.
- Examine trucks systems and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Regularly meet with truck drivers to better understand their concerns and identify the issue affecting their trucks.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert the workshop supervisor and the Transport Manager on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
- Performs specific administrative tasks associated with the updating and maintaining of records related to the operations of the mechanical workshop.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or atleast Trade test 2 and above.
- Minimum of three years work experience repairing Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
- Auto electrician experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to carry out electronic diagnosis on Masedence Benz and Man trucks will be an added advantage.
- KCSE Certificate C-
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described. send your application and detailed CV to email@example.com, quoting the job title on the subject line of the email by 26th September 2020.