Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Kenya
Job Advertisement: Business Development Officer
Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) Kenya is a women and youth membership based, non-governmental development organisation founded in 1912.
It is affiliated to the World YWCA and its main purpose is to develop the collective power of girls and women in Kenya to achieve social, economic, political and cultural “emancipation”.
YWCA is built on a strong Christian foundation, whose emphasis is integrated in all its programming.
The organization runs hostels, apartments and meeting rooms as a way of income generation.
The Association invites applications for the position of Business Development Officer.
The successful candidate will be based in Nairobi at the Head Office and will report to the National General Secretary.
Role Description: The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the business of the Association and soliciting new business opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development Strategy
- Co-ordinate the implementation and delivery of the YWCA’s business development strategy in line with the YWCA Strategic Plan 2019-2023
- Analyze the current business trends and provide recommendations for business growth
- Initiating new investments in liaison with relevant key stakeholders
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective clients and industry trends
- Ensure Risk Management in YWCA development engagements
- Market YWCA facilities to boost and sustain occupancy
- Researching the market and advising on potential business opportunities in line with the YWCA Strategic Plan 2019 – 2023
- Monitor customer reviews on YWCA accommodation facilities and take appropriate action
- Establish an effective customer relation and feedback mechanism
Education and Experience
- At-least a Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in the service provision industry in Kenya
- Good understanding of accounting/ financial and procurement processes
- Strong business and entrepreneurial skills
- Financial analysis skills
- Strong planning skills including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines, and function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff, volunteers, and clients
- Strong leadership skills
How to Apply
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before the 23rd January 2020.
The CV must NOT be more than two pages long.
Candidates should indicate their expected salary.
Human Resource Manager