Zetech University Librarian Job in Kenya 2019
An Exciting Opportunity: Librarian
Job Ref: ZU/10/25/65
Zetech University is a premier university offering exceptional learning to thousands of students from Kenya and beyond. The University offers programmes in Information Technology, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, Development studies, Communication and Media Studies. Our Mission is to provide holistic education by promoting excellence in research, integrating innovation and technology in learning with the aim of developing well rounded citizens to impact the social, political and economic world.
The University has experienced positive growth in student enrolment and programme expansion. To support this growth, and in line with our commitment to bring on board qualified, skilled and motivated staff driven by passion for their work and career growth, we are seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of a Librarian.
The successful candidate will be an innovative individual who not only dreams of realizing a dynamic, tech-powered environment but also possesses strong capability in actualizing ideas into actions and results. Individual talent supported by an achievement background shall be a key consideration in the recruitment.
Reporting to the DVC – Academics, Research, Extension & Student Affairs, position holder will be responsible for;
- Providing leadership to the library section of the university in terms of general administration and operations
- Development and implementation of library policies
- Charging and discharging library information resources to users for various information needs
- Sourcing for library information materials
- Providing guidance on linkages and accreditation with relevant library bodies
- Advising and guiding on new library technology
- Provision of quick reference and information services to users for effective use of library materials
- Organization of library stock to facilitate identification and retrieval of information resources.
- Processing and preparing reports of library overdue fines to ensure that the library overdue policy is enforced and up-to-date records are maintained
- Verifying bibliographic details of library materials to ensure that the correct items are ordered.
- Provision of library user education through orientation for new users to ensure effective use of library resources and to promote user information literacy
- Cataloguing and classification of all library materials to ensure proper organization and retrieval of information
- Verification and physical processing of acquired information resources to ensure the correct orders are supplied
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Information Science from a recognized and accredited University;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science or related field from a recognized and accredited University:
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a Librarian in a University library;
- Should submit evidence of relevant research publications;
- Knowledge of KOHA, library accreditation requirements, and online subscription and usage;
- Must be computer literate;
- Must be familiar with KLISC;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Good customer service skills;
- Problem solving and leadership skill.
How to Apply
Interested applicants to send their application letters and updated CVs via the email address -firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref. ZU/10/25/65 indicating the current and expected salary not later than 30th March 2019.
Due to the urgency, the recruitment will be done on a rolling basis.
ZETECH UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER